- SUSPENDE CEPC ACTIVIDADES EN PREDIOS DONDE SE ALMACENABA GAS LP
- SE REGISTRAN ASPIRANTES A DIPUTADOS LOCALES DEL PARTIDO REVOLUCIONARIO INSTITUCIONAL
- TERMINA PRIMERA FASE DE VACUNACIÓN CONTRA COVID-19 PARA PERSONAL DE HOSPITALES: SESA
- CONGRESO DE TLAXCALA NO RELAJARÁ LAS MEDIDAS DE SEGURIDAD SANITARIA
- LA SSC ENTREGA EQUIPOS PROFESIONALES AL HEROICO CUERPO DE BOMBEROS
According to a top police official, a pick-up truck crashed into the back of another truck on the Emirates Road.
Four people were killed and three others sustained serious injuries in a traffic accident that involved three trucks, the Dubai Police said on Thursday.
According to a top police official, a pick-up truck crashed into the back of another truck on the Emirates Road. “The driver of the pick-up truck failed to leave enough distance between his vehicle and the truck ahead of him, causing him to crash into it,” Brigadier Saif Muhair Al Mazroui, director of the general department of traffic, said.
Brigadier Saeed Ahmed, director of the Rashidya police station, said such was the impact of the accident that the truck crashed into another truck ahead of him. The accident was reported at 4pm.
The pick-up truck driver and three others in his vehicle were killed in the accident. Three people in the other trucks sustained serious injuries. They had to be airlifted to the Rashid Hospital. They are recuperating, but are in a critical state.
The official urged motorists to leave enough space between vehicles to avoid accidents.
The Dubai Police had earlier told Khaleej Times that failure to leave enough space between vehicles caused the maximum number of accidents in the first nine months of the current year. Twenty-five people were killed in 446 accidents caused by this violation.